Resource icon

User Promotion on Profile Update 1.2.0

No permission to download
@Xon

Does this addon perform well on larger boards?
Standard Xenforo behaviour is that this user promotion code runs on login.

This add-on's shouldn't make a noticeable difference on a large forum, as it only runs after a profile update occurs (ie changing email address, custom fields). Which should be reasonably rare occurrence.

SpaceBattles has ~1.4k members online at peak and my monitoring hasn't picked up any changes in worse-case load-times, or average load-times.

Sorry, but can not find anything related to this addon in ACP. Nor for notices criteria, nor for usergroup promoting criteria.
Any screenshot?

Sorry, but can not find anything related to this addon in ACP. Nor for notices criteria, nor for usergroup promoting criteria.
Any screenshot?
It doesn't change any UI.

Supose you have the custom field, and a user promotion; you require something like this;

example_without.webp

With this add-on you can instead remove the "enabled" and just match on the option not being set. ie;
example_with.webp

I would like to use this addon to move users to a user group when they add an avatar. My thinking is that then I could prevent posting until a user uploads an avatar.

Since the avatar isn't a custom field, how would that work? Is there a criteria for when there is no avatar and now there is? What happens if they remove the avatar?

Thanks!

@electrogypsy this add-on triggers a user promotion check when their account if modified via profile/settings and admincp. It should work as expected when the avatar changes.

You may need extra user criteria (see the paid add-on; User Criteria by Xon) to narrow it down on the type of avatar or if they have no avatar.

Hi,

does it run with Notice?
I have set up a empty row but the notice does not get shown.
upload_2017-3-28_10-16-30.webp

I thought the plugin would do just that? Check whether a field is empty.
It mostly does this, but the primary test cases was radio buttons, checkboxes in the context of user promotions. Different inputs and code paths may not be captured or aren't being captured correctly.

I'll add this to the queue, but it might be a little while before I can fix this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom