Lack of interest user preference to display thumbnails as lightbox or in new window

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

gib

Someone posting images in a thread can decide to include a thumbnail or full size image, but it would be handy if normal users were able to have an option in their preferences for either using lightbox or new window to display images.
I like the lightbox option, as it looks so nice, but some users might want to see the images in their hi res glory.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I assume you know that the top right arow button in the lightbox opens the current image in a new window?

Screen shot 2011-01-20 at 23.37.48.webp

Thanks for pointing that out Kier, I didn't realise they were there, as I can't see them on my test site.

The "show full size" icon and "close icon" show up when I use the lightbox option on the XenForo web site, but it's not showing up on my local test VM (running Ubuntu 10).

If I hover over where the buttons should be, the links are there, it's just the icons aren't showing.

missing_buttons.webp

Are you using a custom style path?
There should be a lightbox-sprite.png image in the /widgets directory.

You're also missing the pinstripes background.

There have been a few new icons in Beta 6 and RC 1 so it would be worth comparing to see what else is missing.

Good call again Brogan, I should have learned from my previous problems with Flexile and latest XF releases, DOH
eek.png

It works fine with the default style, I need to switch back to default style when ever I encounter any issues before posting on XenForo.
The flexile style is so nice though, it's usually the first thing add on.
I will copy the lightbox png files across to the flexile dir

yep, all working now with Flexile style and the pin stripe background :)
I will copy any other missing stuff across.

thanks Kier / Brogan, most appreciated, I'm learning a bit about how it works under the hood.

Top Bottom