User Permissions.

pyrohaven

I have users advising that after setting up their account when they come back to log in the forum is telling them "oops we ran into a problem" and they cant see the site. If they dont log in they can see everything.

Any insight on this?

I set a buddy of mine to moderator and he gets

" Oops! We ran into some problems." "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

well it looks like the permissions for moderator was preset to have less than registered users. seems odd.

So now i will change this to, does anyone have a list of what they have all user permissions set to? From Administrators to Unregistered Users? Also if you added special permissions for supporting members and sponsors what were they?

Permissions are personal preference and forum specific.

Just set the Registered user group with the base permissions you want all members to have, then build from there.

That is understood but I do like to see what others are doing as it would give me a much better idea on what people are limiting users, supporting members, sponsors, moderators and administrators from doing.

Basically the best practice is probably to give everyone the registered group as the primary group and put things like moderating as a secondary group.

Basically the best practice is probably to give everyone the registered group as the primary group and put things like moderating as a secondary group.

I would say this is beyond best practice, more or less a necessity if you want to understand xenforo permission system and having it working optimally.

Top Bottom