User paid subscription to forum access- timing automation?

Czee

Hello everyone. Sorry if this has been asked already- I checked the features page and a couple of threads but hadn't found the answer I needed.

I would like to set up a private forum using xenForo- This forum will give access only to paid subscribers. I need:

• Payment system w/ credit card/Paypal/Venmo plugin with the forum (which I think I saw as part of the features)
  • Once paid, the member will have exactly 1-year access to my forum, view and post contents, etc, from the day of payment
Question: Can the timing/expiration and deny of access after 1 year be automated? In other words, if a user does not renew, is there a feature in xenForo that will shut down access to that user once the 1-year subscription has expired? Or do I as an admin have to do this manually for every user?

Thank you very much!

The user upgrades and promotion system will also automatically downgrade a member if the subscription/purchase is not renewed.
Thank you, Brogan- I looked around the User feature page, but could not quite find this ability to automatically downgrade.

Can you please link me to where this is explained (screenshot would be good)?

In addition, I noticed from this discussion there may not be a payment integration with the forum software, is this true?

Thank you so much!

It's a standard function of the promotion system.

Once the upgrade expires the promotion is removed.
There's really nothing to document.

There are various payment providers built in.
Others can be added via custom development or third party add-ons.

Thank you VERY much for your answer!

I am close to making a purchase but I'd like to see a live demo of this feature with one of your customer support/representatives.

Could you please put me in touch with the right person, use my private email in my user profile.

Thank you! :)

We don't have paid upgrades implemented on this site so we wouldn't be able to demonstrate it.

I haven't tested it personally but you may/should be able to set it up on a demo: https://xenforo.com/demo/
Thank you for the prompt reply. I actually did try that demo. Me and my team liked it!

However, I was specifically asking about the paid-member auto-renew/auto-downgrade/access deny, and payment feature discussed in this thread.

I can't find it myself and I would like to set up a quick Zoom call with a sales rep and have them walk me through this. That would be really helpful!

Top Bottom