Fixed User online feature degrading database performance

I have updated to 1.4.2 but I'm afraid this query wasn't executed:

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_session_activity
DROP PRIMARY KEY,
ADD PRIMARY KEY (user_id, unique_key) USING BTREE;

How I can verify if the table xf_session_activity is up to date with the changes?

What do you see if you run this query and show full texts?

Code:
show create table xf_session_activity

This:

Code:
  xf_session_activity | CREATE TABLE `xf_session_activity` (
  `user_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `unique_key` varbinary(16) NOT NULL,
  `ip` varbinary(16) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `controller_name` varbinary(50) NOT NULL,
  `controller_action` varbinary(50) NOT NULL,
  `view_state` enum('valid','error') NOT NULL,
  `params` varbinary(100) NOT NULL,
  `view_date` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `robot_key` varbinary(25) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  PRIMARY KEY (`user_id`,`unique_key`) USING BTREE,
  KEY `view_date` (`view_date`) USING BTREE
) ENGINE=MEMORY DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

I'm fine?

We've also been noticing xf_session_activity showing lots of "waiting for table lock" after this update. We noticed that this table is a MEMORY table type but it's not clear if there is anything else we can do to speed up the queries. Is there anyone else seeing some table-level locking issues after this update?

My forum which I have just moved to xenforo 1.4.6 from vbulletin is also having issues several times per day with the xf_session_activity table locking and causing the site to come to a standstill. Unfortunately haven't managed to resolve the issue yet, we've now tried changing this to innodb table instead of memory. Our site only has around 600 current users on at any one time.

Looks like this is a major issue for popular forums running xenforo.

It must be a problem with an add-on or any other thing because I'm also running XF 1.4.6 on a very active big board and never ever had any issue with that particular table.

I suggest you to start a thread in the support forum so you can receive assistance to find the root cause of your issue.

My forum which I have just moved to xenforo 1.4.6 from vbulletin is also having issues several times per day with the xf_session_activity table locking and causing the site to come to a standstill. Unfortunately haven't managed to resolve the issue yet, we've now tried changing this to innodb table instead of memory. Our site only has around 600 current users on at any one time.

Looks like this is a major issue for popular forums running xenforo.
@Super120 is correct... It's more than likely an add-on. You can disable all the add-on event listeners briefly to see if the issue disappears. Once confirmed, re enable them then disable them one by one until you find the culprit.

I purposely don't have many addons.

Just the following 3

1. Enhanced search
2. Media gallery
3. Audentio ui.x for my theme

The first 2 are standard xenforo addons and the third shouldn't change the performance as it's mainly for the look and feel of the site.

Top Bottom