1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User online cache?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by surfsup, Jan 17, 2013.

1. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

I personally think it is lame, that a competitor has vbulletin and changed its user online cache so it looks like so many members are online at once. Is there even such thing for Xenforo? I currently average around 200 users online at once and hundreds of guests, we even blocked certain countries years ago due to spam trying to get in.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Check out:

Admin CP > Options > User Options > Online Status Timeout

That adjusts the time out. If you set it to a higher number, the number of people you have online will appear to increase.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

You think it's lame that a competitor is doing this, so you're asking how you can do it as well? o_O

4. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

Only reason why I ask is because the shorter the time vs longer the time you have it cached - doesnt it lag your site if you have it set for longer the time?

And i'd be glad to pm you my board, im a board with over 420,000+ posts in 13,500+ members so i can really careless of faking stats and something I wouldnt do due to advertisers and legal issues if it ever came about.

5. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I don't know, I think the default is 30 mins, I have mine set for 15.

surfsup likes this.