User Onboarding

User Onboarding [Paid] 2.0.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Sorry, I've been away for a little bit and I'm still working through stuff I've missed. I believe I replied to your ticket but I'll check it out and get back to you. It's likely a logic flaw when checking whether users have already completed the task so it wouldn't be something that a cache rebuild would fix.
Any news on this?

Nix I flagged two errors today but I'm not sure if this is you or xon or apathy. Figured I'd start here since I have no idea:

Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'user_id' of non-object src/addons/apathy/OnboardingTasks/Condition/UserHasPostedXTimes.php:50

Generated by: Sartodi Napoli Apr 11, 2022 at 2:02 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/apathy/OnboardingTasks/Condition/UserHasPostedXTimes.php(50): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/dressedw/...', 50, Array)
#1 src/XF/Extension.php(52): apathy\OnboardingTasks\Condition\UserHasPostedXTimes->apathy\OnboardingTasks\Condition\{closure}(Object(SV\ThreadReplyBanTeeth\XF\Entity\Post))
#2 src/XF.php(959): XF\Extension->fire('entity_post_sav...', Array, 'XF\\Entity\\Post')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1276): XF::fire('entity_post_sav...', Array, 'XF\\Entity\\Post')
#4 src/XF/Reaction/AbstractHandler.php(113): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#5 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/XF/Repository/Reaction.php(639): XF\Reaction\AbstractHandler->updateContentReactions(Object(SV\ThreadReplyBanTeeth\XF\Entity\Post), Array, Array)
#6 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/XF/Repository/Reaction.php(571): SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\Reaction->SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\{closure}()
#7 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/XF/Repository/Reaction.php(640): SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\Reaction->withShimmedXfReactions(Object(Closure))
#8 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/XF/Repository/Reaction.php(649): SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\Reaction->svRebuildContentReactionCache('post', 292149, false, false)
#9 src/XF/Entity/ReactionContent.php(204): SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\Reaction->rebuildContentReactionCache('post', 292149, false, false)
#10 src/XF/Entity/ReactionContent.php(142): XF\Entity\ReactionContent->rebuildContentReactionCache()
#11 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/XF/Entity/ReactionContent.php(180): XF\Entity\ReactionContent->_postSave()
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1270): SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\ReactionContent->_postSave()
#13 src/XF/Repository/Reaction.php(191): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#14 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/XF/Repository/Reaction.php(1017): XF\Repository\Reaction->insertReaction(1, 'post', 292149, Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User), true, false)
#15 src/XF/Repository/Reaction.php(144): SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\Reaction->insertReaction(1, 'post', 292149, Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User), true, false)
#16 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Reaction.php(67): XF\Repository\Reaction->reactToContent(1, 'post', 292149, Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User), true)
#17 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Reaction.php(21): XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionToggleReaction(Object(SV\ThreadReplyBanTeeth\XF\Entity\Post), 'posts/reactions', 'posts')
#18 src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Reaction.php(14): XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionReact(Object(SV\ThreadReplyBanTeeth\XF\Entity\Post), 'posts', 'posts/react', 'posts/reactions')
#19 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php(381): XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionReactSimple(Object(SV\ThreadReplyBanTeeth\XF\Entity\Post), 'posts')
#20 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionReact(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#21 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Post', 'React', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\Threadmarks\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#22 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\Threadmarks\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#23 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#24 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#25 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#26 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#27 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "/posts/292149/react?reaction_id=1"
  ["referrer"] => string(120) "https://www.dressedwell.net/threads/reebok-club-c-hrn-in-multiple-colors-and-most-sizes-for-37-50-with-code-midszn.9608/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["reaction_id"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(93) "/threads/reebok-club-c-hrn-in-multiple-colors-and-most-sizes-for-37-50-with-code-midszn.9608/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
Just after a quick glance, looks like one for @apathy.

Hi @NixFifty

I was just about to purchase a renewal, and reactivate this add-on but before doing so, do you know if the updates since the below resolved this issue?

This is still happening.

In fact, this add on doesn't recognise any onboarding rask made on accounts with registrations through Google (I've not tested Facebook/Twitter etc). Example - an account registered through Google;

View attachment 245747

3+ months on since reporting, I'm going to have to reluctantly remove this add on.

Thanks.

I've just tested with Twitter too and it appears to have the same issue with avatars but I've not tested extensively.

Maybe a future update could be to allow users to manually tick off tasks so if there's any glitches/issues, they don't stay there permanently. If they dont want to set an avatar, they can just tick it off rather than it staying "Set an avatar".

Ah duh, I see why this might happen. I'll release a fix for it once I've tested the fix for the issue @RoyalRumble is having.

Hi,
I'm thinking about buying this add-on, but would love to hear first any success (or non-success) stories using this to increase participation in the forum and member involvement.
I'm not sure if this works or will it be ineffective - a couple of my moderators think it may do more harm than good.

Hi,
I'm thinking about buying this add-on, but would love to hear first any success (or non-success) stories using this to increase participation in the forum and member involvement.
I'm not sure if this works or will it be ineffective - a couple of my moderators think it may do more harm than good.
There is no way to give any exact metric of success as you cannot really tell who has completed all the tasks or not.

For the use case I use it for, I keep a limited scope of required tasks (normally things members will accomplish) and use the optional tasks to lead the user to do additional steps for setting up their profile. One of the required steps was the primary source of ticket submissions, and using this has helped to cut down on those specific tickets (from about 100-150 a week to about 5 every two weeks).

Like with most things, it mostly comes down to your specific use case and how you implement and use it.

Bought this addon about last 14 months ago but just installed for the second time. First time install widget never working. This 2nd install only can see widget showing once but after that gone when make changes in setting. It seems the setting is very sensitive to incorrect changes or inactive users. Must fill up onboard task correctly otherwise widget won't show up.

This looks like a cool add-on. A couple questions though: Can I set it to apply to existing members? Such as members who haven't uploaded an avatar, etc., but have been members for months?

Also, if someone doesn't want to complete each "task", can they be skipped? I certainly don't want to force people to fill out their profile if they don't want to.

Thanks!

This looks like a cool add-on. A couple questions though: Can I set it to apply to existing members? Such as members who haven't uploaded an avatar, etc., but have been members for months?

Also, if someone doesn't want to complete each "task", can they be skipped? I certainly don't want to force people to fill out their profile if they don't want to.

Thanks!
Onboarding events come in simple and advanced; simple ones can be limited to user groups and that is all.

Advanced uses all criteria currently on your forum, which would be able to do what you want.

Onboarding events by default apply to all members who do not match the event options.

Individual events can be set as optional, and can be dismissed in the sidebar or the user settings.

1674091062838.webp

Onboarding events come in simple and advanced; simple ones can be limited to user groups and that is all.

Advanced uses all criteria currently on your forum, which would be able to do what you want.

Onboarding events by default apply to all members who do not match the event options.

Individual events can be set as optional, and can be dismissed in the sidebar or the user settings.

View attachment 280216
Nice. Will buy it soon! Thx!

Hmm, there is a user that is unable to get rid of the "verify email adr" one. I check his account, and it is valid. But it may be when I had some problems with emails going out, so I may have manually verified him. Is there any way to complete this requirement for him?

Top Bottom