User Onboarding

User Onboarding [Paid] 2.0.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
NixFifty submitted a new resource:

User Onboarding - Onboard your users by having them complete tasks for profile completion.

Set up custom percentage-weighted tasks that users need to complete before their profile is considered complete. A sidebar widget is available to show users how close (or far off) to account completion they are, encouraging them to complete the remaining tasks and create a more engaged user.

The following tasks are available out of the box:
  • User has set an avatar.
  • User has set a signature.
  • User has entered a value for the...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: OCC
Can a task be reacted to a particular thread, like to show a member reacted to a forum rules thread?
Not yet but I've just added support for that in the next version.
For expanding to add-ons does it support https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dbtech-dragonbyte-shop.5869/ with say something from the shop like say user purchased a username style?
Yeah, it's possible to hook in to that and create a task for it but there's no support for that add-on at the moment.

Does the sidebar widget show always or only if there are tasks to be completed? If a task is added after a user has already reached 100% does it 'reset' them back as uncompleted or are they still considered to be completed?

Does the sidebar widget show always or only if there are tasks to be completed? If a task is added after a user has already reached 100% does it 'reset' them back as uncompleted or are they still considered to be completed?
Only if there are tasks to be completed. Once it reaches 100%, it disappears.

When new tasks are added, a job is kicked off that retroactively checks which users have completed that task and which haven’t. If a user (that had previously completed all tasks), now has an incomplete task, the widget reappears.

Only if there are tasks to be completed. Once it reaches 100%, it disappears.

When new tasks are added, a job is kicked off that retroactively checks which users have completed that task and which haven’t. If a user (that had previously completed all tasks), now has an incomplete task, the widget reappears.
Thanks for confirming; seems to be working exactly as expected so far. 👍

1591321785415.png

EDIT: FYI for others... as part of installing it'll automatically add the widget to the forum home page sidebar and to the new posts sidebar. Nothing will show up until you create a task and, don't forget, if you've already completed all of the tasks you still won't see anything. ;)

I would like to see the license verification addon supported.
Hey Ozz: I was thinking having Advanced Forms plugged into it would be great, too!
-----------

For NixFifty other possible features:
  • "Posted in forum" could become a multi-select field (one of these forums...) - we sort some starting topics into a few different sections based on account type, so this would be the feature that would encourage me to buy it as it'd then be perfectly suited for us.
  • A hook into the trophy system - if onboarding is completed, a trophy is given

NixFifty updated User Onboarding with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3

• Add user criteria to check if a user has or has not completed all profile onboarding tasks.
  • Add the ability to change multiple task weights at once rather than having to do it individually.
  • Tweak how task titles are saved. The upgrade process will attempt to convert titles for previously created tasks but best to double check and adjust after the upgrade.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very interesting add-on! Is it possible to include a check if a member has/gained a certain usergroup?

This is working beautifully. Some things that I think would help improve it further:
  • Ability to group profile fields together for a single completion - i.e. instead of a drop down in the acp options, have check boxes for profile fields, so if you have 2 or more similar profile fields but you want them to fill out 1 of them (or can fill out more), that they can get the completion by filling out the one.
  • Have an option to have them enable push notifications
  • Have an option to have them enable 2FA
  • Have an option for account upgrades (and if you have the gift addon, to gift a user)
  • Upload/embed a video in the media gallery
  • Make a profile status update
  • Enable emails from site/subscribe to newsletter
  • Have the ability to attach completion of profile to a specified trophy (I think mentioned in this thread already)

Now, some random things that I'm not sure could be used in this but would be cool - but would have to create it so there are groupings and those groupings would be what the widget would pull (meaning, you can have a profile completion group, a task completion group, a social media completion group - all of which can be pulled to the widget...and maybe more complex, but have it so when the one group is complete, it will then show that you have to complete the 2nd group, when that's complete, then complete the 3rd group, so all 3 groups aren't showing at once).
  • Follow on Twitter (add external account to verify follow)
  • Like on Facebook (add external account to verify like)
  • Follow on IG (add external account to verify follow)
Like I said, not sure if possible, just throwing out some suggestions at this point. If it can, then you can do groupings like:
  • Profile Completion (profile completion trophy in grouping option)
    • Verify email address
    • Add an avatar
    • Add a signature
    • Create an intro thread
    • Fill out [profile field]
  • Connect With Us (separate trophy option for this grouping than the above)
    • Enable emails/subscribe to newsletter
    • Enable push notifications
    • Make status update
    • Connect your discord account
    • Purchase account upgrade/gift
  • Social Media (separate trophy option for this grouping than the above)
    • Like us Fb
    • Follow us on Twitter
    • Follow us on IG

Just some ideas. But the first set of suggestions would be absolutely amazing!

Also. How this will work with user avatar, if someone is registering with Facebook or other third parties registration ?

Top Bottom