User map [Deleted]

To somehow enable the selected groups to "feed in" to the group permissions which allows it to be pretty finely controlled.
  1. A permission to use user group selection ("Can select user groups").
  2. Admin CP option which user groups are in the list of selections (other user groups can not be selected – even not through URL).
Thus, there can be no tricks.

CrispinP updated User map with a new update entry:

New filter features, bug fixes, other

New features and enhancements:
  1. Groups filter improved - now uses all groups for a user
  2. Slider for radius filter - you can now filter by proximity
  3. Permissions control most of the filter functionality
  4. Link on Member's card to view them on the map
  5. Conversation link improvements - you can start a conversation with all visible members.

View of the collapsible filters:
View attachment 148835

Once radius filter applied:
View attachment 148836...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Loving the look of that filter screenshot mate, does that mean that event invite integration we were talking about is on the way?!

Get a few errors today. I have installed last version.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps::getSettings(), 1 passed in /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/Crispin/UserMap/Listener.php on line 36 and exactly 2 expected - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:194
Generated By: Marietto82, 49 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/Crispin/UserMap/Listener.php(36): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getSettings(36288)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): Crispin_UserMap_Listener::template_hook_members_view('member_view_tab...', '', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#2 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(285): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_hook', Array, 'member_view_tab...')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/internal_data/templates/S.1,L.1,member_view.php(2343): XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook('member_view_tab...', '', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(260): include('/home/nginx/dom...')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('/home/nginx/dom...', Array)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(124): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(639): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#10 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/members/darkoford.8237/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/members/darkoford_8237/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps::getSettings(), 1 passed in /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/Crispin/UserMap/Listener.php on line 36 and exactly 2 expected - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:194
Generated By: Mandrakola, Today at 08:44
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/Crispin/UserMap/Listener.php(36): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getSettings(30016)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): Crispin_UserMap_Listener::template_hook_members_view('member_view_tab...', '', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#2 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(285): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_hook', Array, 'member_view_tab...')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/internal_data/templates/S.1,L.1,member_view.php(2343): XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateHook('member_view_tab...', '', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(260): include('/home/nginx/dom...')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('/home/nginx/dom...', Array)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(124): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(639): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#10 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/members/mandrakola.30016/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/members/mandrakola_30016/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

It seems to open zoomed to my location now, instead of a bigger overview on the /usermap url, has something changed?

I like the radius filter, but the I'm not keen on the inaccuracy of using quite a small slidebar. I think a text box where you could type in an exact number would compliment it nicely. You could also make the slider span the full width.

It would also help if the number of users currently selected within the radius filter was viewable, so you can see how it changes with various distance values.

Clicking on that number would show a list of those users so you could pic out individual people to contact.

The start conversation with members seems really cool, but I think it could potentially be better to have a 'Start thread with users' where you can create a public thread and all the users are tagged, to keep it all out in the open instead of locked away in the private message system.

Great update but desperately needs a max users option in acp to prevent users from getting a 413 error when they hit start conversation on the entire map. Basically restrict number of users you can start a conversation with at any one time.

There's bugs in the filter for example if I zoom in, enable filter then disable filter it zooms me back to default.

It also seems to place the radius randomly if I re-enable it after or it still shows the radius albeit it's disabled.

Last edited:
It would also help if the number of users currently selected within the radius filter was viewable, so you can see how it changes with various distance values.

Clicking on that number would show a list of those users so you could pic out individual people to contact.

Following up on that, it would be nice to get a list of all the users in the catchment area, then you could select individual users you want to send a message too before clicking submit.

Kind of like the mockup I sent you.

It seems to open zoomed to my location now, instead of a bigger overview on the /usermap url, has something changed?
Yes, I added some functionality which caused a bug. I've fixed it now.

Great update but desperately needs a max users option in acp
Added.

There's bugs in the filter for example if I zoom in, enable filter then disable filter it zooms me back to default.

It also seems to place the radius randomly if I re-enable it after or it still shows the radius albeit it's disabled.
The radius centre is the map centre.

I'm in the process of changing the way the filter works to what I think would be better. If you use filter or like it, please put your hand up. I want to do a quick straw pole out of the "public eyes" :)

Noted on all the other ideas folks. Great feedback. I'm working on most of them too. Next release in a few days hopefully.

C

Yes, I added some functionality which caused a bug. I've fixed it now.

Added.

The radius centre is the map centre.

I'm in the process of changing the way the filter works to what I think would be better. If you use filter or like it, please put your hand up. I want to do a quick straw pole out of the "public eyes" :)

Noted on all the other ideas folks. Great feedback. I'm working on most of them too. Next release in a few days hopefully.

C

Great. I'm actually trying to figure out the purpose of the filter. I realize it's a subselection of members within the radius but it's really finicky to use right now. If I were to think like a user I'd sort of want the following usecases covered:

1. Give me all users within xx KMs of my location (this would be my Location Field and/or my current AGPS location if you get to that suggestion I made a while back)
2. Give me all members within xx KMs of the address/place I entered

Also having issues with the template message_user_info merging with my UIX theme, doesn't seem to want to apply the mods to anything but the base.

Just my 2 cents.

I also made a suggestion a while back to have a profile checkbox to permit GeoIP lookup as a sort of opt-in method for users. Wondering what your thoughts are on that.

1. Give me all users within xx KMs of my location (this would be my Location Field and/or my current AGPS location if you get to that suggestion I made a while back)
2. Give me all members within xx KMs of the address/place I entered
Very good points. Right now the km radius filter is more like a playful gimmick. With these two scenarios it receives a purpose.
Also having issues with the template message_user_info merging with my UIX theme, doesn't seem to want to apply the mods to anything but the base.
This is a bug I reported some time ago. With UIX the user info (map link) is not added. There must be some trouble with the template mod.

Yes, as Freelancer said, he too has issues with it. There's something wonky with how the replace is done. I'll see if I can work it out again. Without buying the add-on it's hard to get right. The dev did not reply to an email either. :(

I also made a suggestion a while back to have a profile checkbox to permit GeoIP lookup as a sort of opt-in method for users. Wondering what your thoughts are on that.
That should be straightforward. There is already an option for someone to remove themselves all together.

I've started making some changes to the filter thing - should encompass most of the functionality and them some.

C

Top Bottom