1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Manual for Moderators?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by SgtSpike, Oct 10, 2011.

1. SgtSpike

SgtSpike Member

I looked for a while, but couldn't find this. One of my new moderators is looking for an instruction manual for moderation tools. You know, things like, how to move a thread, how to delete a post, etc. I know that it's pretty easy to figure these things out, but thought it would be nice if I could point him to a user manual for moderators, if such thing exists.

Please let me know!
  2. trilogy33

trilogy33 Well-Known Member

wickedstangs likes this.
  3. SgtSpike

SgtSpike Member

Well, that would explain why I could find a user guide. :p Thanks for the links!
  4. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

yes thanks
  5. trilogy33

trilogy33 Well-Known Member

Or make a screencast of your own and publish it in a private Mod/Team/Staff forum or Personal Conversation.
    May help your specific niches, could help their work flow, gives a voice to your team, personalises your install and their experience.
    Just a thought.
    Dean likes this.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I created a thread for our site staff, with screenshots and examples, explaining how all the various moderator functions work.
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

tekgirl and Digital Doctor like this.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

9. Floris

Floris Guest

like so?

Fuhrmann likes this.
  10. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

We have a moderator manual available for download on Admin Extra. It's set up for 1.0.4 currently but we do have a 1.1 geared up ready for when we need it ;)

When we release the 1.1 version I may post it in the Resources area on here :)
    Fuhrmann and Floris like this.
  12. Floris

Floris Guest

Requires registration?
  13. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Of course - which is why I'm considering releasing it here too :)
  14. Floris

Floris Guest

Awesome work. Is it ok if I link to the manual on the xenfans section?
  15. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

If you'd like to. The link may change in the next few weeks as we're having a bit of a sort out. There are changes ahead.

And, of course, if there are any mistakes, anyone is free to point them out. I was the only proof reader and I do occasionally miss my own errors!

Although I have to admit to being surprised you're asking, since last time we spoke you were... shall we say.. .less than civil.