XF 2.1 User manage to bypass permission signtaure restriction

Mr Lucky

I have signatures set at 500 characters and two lines.

I just noticed one user has a (newly created) 3 line signtaure.

I double checked with analyse permissions and is correct for this user at 2 lines

I then tested with my test user (same usergroup) by copying and pasting the same signature and got the error message that it was one line too long, so somehow this user had managed to sneak in the extra line

Can anyone explain how this might have happened? Thanks

How many groups are they in? Check those, and also check any groups they may have been promoted from, or if demoted from a group that allows it, then it's that.

How many groups are they in? Check those, and also check any groups they may have been promoted from, or if demoted from a group that allows it, then it's that.
The two line limit is for registered users. The only other group hwith more lines set is is the user ugraded group subscribers, and this user has never been in that.

I do agree a demotion woul explain this.

Yes that explains it. I have sigs for paid, none for non-paid and @AndyB made an add-on that will hide them if they added them and were demoted. But this would not solve the issue of having less of a sig. When they ever edit their sig they will not be able to re-save it, so there's that. They will have to confine to the new parameter.

Top Bottom