1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [User Interface] No avatars on 'Members who voted'-list.

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Grover, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Go to this poll:

Click on the amount of votes to see the 'Members who voted'-list.

2 points:

• There are no avatars. Making the list less recognizably and not in line with XenForo's social look&feel
    • I never quite liked the fact that (also in vBulletin) it somehow seems a bit 'hidden' that you can click on the amount of votes to see such a list. I mean, it is a logical place, but to me it always seemed a bit 'hard to find' (on vBulletin for instance I dis-covered (good fitting word!) it purely by coincidence). But this is just a very minor thing and not important enough to change... just something to think about maybe. Point 1 is the one I wrote this suggestion for.

Please do [like] this first posting if you think it is a good feature suggestion for XenForo
    Andy.N, Markos and erich37 like this.
  2. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

yeah, that list could definitely do with some small avatars :D
  3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I agree, it should be up to par with the rest of the forum like the followers list etc where members are displayed in the blue box.
  4. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

5. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Maybe even two column layout as there are not many big username's that stretch across the entire popup
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

Small avatars now has my vote.
  7. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I agree, good suggestion.
  8. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Stating the obvious, but when you click on the 'x other like this' link, you will get a nice overview [Members Who Liked Message xx], presenting you with the Avatars and all kinds of other useful information about the members in 1 single overview.

The overview that is presented to us on [Members who voted] is just a list of links with no served additional information, unlike on the useful [Members Who Liked Message xx] popup. Why not use the same list for the polls?
  9. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Maybe it's actually 'important' enough to change. I just discovered this suggestion from Brogan:

I indeed miss a tooltip and yes, somehow it's just too hidden/not obvious enough to have this (hidden) links on the results only. I like the thinking of putting the action also on the results-bars.

Or anything else that makes it more clear to the enduser that they need to click on the votes to be able to see who voted. (I was thinking of even adding an extra text 'Click on the votes to...', but I guess that might be overdoing it, since a good UI needs to be self-explanatory)