User Interaction Measurement - Positive, Positive, Positive

Anthony Parsons

As many know, I recently changed my main forum from VB4 to XF. With over a 100k monthly traffic, my VB4.x forum was lucky to reach 300 posts daily... average between 200 - 280 posts per day.

Well... its been approximately a week now having XF, and from viewing my forums post count yesterday, in only a week my daily post count has now shifted to around 1200 posts per day. That is a strong member feedback from their increased posting and use of the site, all due to purely the software being used.

My expectations are that after a month, my daily posts are more around the 2500 daily range, and I will keep this post updated and report back in about 3 weeks as to whether this software reaches my expectations.

So far... it is. I expected it would take a week for many to get used to it, get past the shock of change, and then get into using the software... and members haven't let me down.

So... XF... this is a reflection of your softwares impact on my existing community, and discussion has now increased in one week near 400% just shifting from VB4 to XF software.

More and more impressed and happy with my decision to move platforms, in conjunction with the improved server load.

Hi Anthony, That's amazing feedback. Could you share your site's url please. I would like to see what changes you have made, if any to maybe adopt the same in my forums.

That's an amazing increase. I guess you'll have to wait and see if it's provisional or structurally, but nonetheless it sounds like XF is promoting activity and is received positively in most communities.

You will find it in the xenforo supporter / legal thread about defend xenforo... I don't advertise here pasting my URL's all over XF.

I understand Anthony, though we would all agree, it's not advertising.

Anthony runs http://www.ptsdforum.org/. I don't consider responding to questions in any way advertising, so I'm happy to make the link for him.

Thanks Kier :) Looking at Anthony's site right now. Wondering though, why you chose Joomla over WP?

That's a remarkable increase and even more when you consider the software is still in beta. It really does go to show I think that the improvements in the forum community as a whole far outweigh the loss of some specific features or options we'd lose from changing away from vB.

I would say those statistics are not real accurate actually... compared to Google analytics ones.

Traffic has done a massive dive by changing platforms as well, but it will recover like it always does. That has nothing to do with anything other than an entire site shakeup... which Google doesn't like... they have nearly stopped delivering traffic to my site at present, dropping old indexes slowly and reindexing... especially as I changed so so much with this upgrade.

Regardless of all that though... user interaction has increased. Even with the US thanksgiving holiday, I still had a 200% increase postings over the existing software... which says users as a majority love typing into the new software vs. the old.

I will recover all my traffic again though over the following year and when I get a specific mod... that will assist greatly, being the longtail traffic mod.

Top Bottom