User having problems with post editor in IE8

GregF

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with quite a specific problem a forum member is having, they're using IE8, but can't use the various drop downs in the post editor - such as the smilies, and the buttons such as the video embed one are not functioning... does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

I've got them to add our site to their allowed list in the IE security options, but that's not helped :(
Aside from get Firefox, any advice appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Greg

(http://www.petforum.co.uk/threads/faq-posting-a-pic-video-in-your-messages.4928/#post-52503)

It sounds like a local browser issue.

All I can suggest is they do a hard refresh and clear out any cache, etc.
Presumably they don't have any blockers or plugins installed? I don't use IE so I'm not familiar with what's available (if anything).

Failing that, they can try using a different browser.

Thanks guys, user in question has cleared browser cache several times & still no luck :(
i am having a user with the same exact issues. she said:
i can only reply when i use more options also i can not post video or use smiles
it throws me back to the main forum page when i try and use a smiley...still not able to add videos and etc.. i dunno that this matters but the respond/reply box is kinda yellow now and the font is different and still only saves in option and i am gettting this weird black box in the upper right corner when i change pages and etc .. it has like a wide line m oving in it back and forth
using explorer 8. all this started a couple days ago...

still no smileys nor embedding video and etc :(
'a couple of days ago' i updated from 1.01 to 1.02. what about your user? did their issues start at the same time as an update to 1.02?

Thanks guys, user in question has cleared browser cache several times & still no luck :(
i am having a user with the same exact issues. she said:
'a couple of days ago' i updated from 1.01 to 1.02. what about your user? did their issues start at the same time as an update to 1.02?
to troubleshoot ....
ask the users whom are having trouble to register here at xenforo.com and see if they have the same dropdown / editors problems here.

Top Bottom