1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User having problems with post editor in IE8

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by GregF, Jun 29, 2011.

1. GregF

GregF Active Member

Hoping someone can help with quite a specific problem a forum member is having, they're using IE8, but can't use the various drop downs in the post editor - such as the smilies, and the buttons such as the video embed one are not functioning... does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

I've got them to add our site to their allowed list in the IE security options, but that's not helped :(
    Aside from get Firefox, any advice appreciated! :)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like a local browser issue.

All I can suggest is they do a hard refresh and clear out any cache, etc.
    Presumably they don't have any blockers or plugins installed? I don't use IE so I'm not familiar with what's available (if anything).

Failing that, they can try using a different browser.
    GregF likes this.
  3. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Get Chrome ;)
    GregF likes this.
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

GregF likes this.
  5. GregF

GregF Active Member

Thanks guys, user in question has cleared browser cache several times & still no luck :(
  6. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i am having a user with the same exact issues. she said:
    'a couple of days ago' i updated from 1.01 to 1.02. what about your user? did their issues start at the same time as an update to 1.02?
  7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

to troubleshoot ....
    ask the users whom are having trouble to register here at xenforo.com and see if they have the same dropdown / editors problems here.