User group styling is not styling.

Phatcows

Hello!

We have recently installed Xenforo and have it in its test phase before we transfer all of our members. There's a few things I am getting to grips with in XF but one issue is quite frustrating.

I am trying to change the colour of different user groups depending on their group (ie Administrators have red usernames, lead moderators have green, etc). Now I have already searched for an answer to this and everything I find leads back to User Group Styling (http://xenforo.com/help/user-group-styling/).

I have followed that to the letter, and still the usernames in the various groups are blue.
Administrative has User Name CSS: color: red;
but admin names remain blue.

Moderator has User Name CSS: color: purple;
but still remains blue.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Tracy,
I have the following priorities already set:

Administrative are at priority 1000
Lead moderator at 950
Moderator at 900
Registered user at 0

Thanks for the reply :)

Visitor User Panel is the main one that I have found. I think almost everywhere else it does?

Visitor Panels, last post information, profiles, member cards, thread listing, recent threads, new threads, search, posts ("Tracy Perry, x minutes ago"), member drop down. Those are the places I can think of off the top of my head in the default XenForo installation that don't follow it.

Hi Tracy,
I have the following priorities already set:

Administrative are at priority 1000
Lead moderator at 950
Moderator at 900
Registered user at 0

Thanks for the reply :)

Are you using a custom style?

Just a silly question... have you tried clearing your cache of your browser? What is the site?

No, well now I have since you suggested it with no luck. I use chrome, so I logged in with IE to see if it could be a browser issue. No luck. Our test forum is currently on xen.thecelebforum.org. We don't have guest registration activated but I can switch it on for you if required.

Double check that the users were actually placed into the secondary groups. Have you installed any template modifications / add-ons that deal with the post bit?

Could you define this for me: Double check that the users were actually placed into the secondary groups

I have recently installed Usergroup Ranks which adds a displaybit because I couldn't get usergroup styling to work :)
I have installed a few mods but I don't think(!) any have modified the postbit. I can list them in required too.

Thank you for your replies thus far :)

No, well now I have since you suggested it with no luck. I use chrome, so I logged in with IE to see if it could be a browser issue. No luck. Our test forum is currently on xen.thecelebforum.org. We don't have guest registration activated but I can switch it on for you if required.
I have recently installed Usergroup Ranks which adds a displaybit because I couldn't get usergroup styling to work :)
I have installed a few mods but I don't think(!) any have modified the postbit. I can list them in required too.
Thank you for your replies thus far :)
That shouldn't effect anything (as I'm running it on my site).

Top Bottom