1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User group styling is not styling.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Phatcows, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

Hello!

We have recently installed Xenforo and have it in its test phase before we transfer all of our members. There's a few things I am getting to grips with in XF but one issue is quite frustrating.

I am trying to change the colour of different user groups depending on their group (ie Administrators have red usernames, lead moderators have green, etc). Now I have already searched for an answer to this and everything I find leads back to User Group Styling (http://xenforo.com/help/user-group-styling/).

I have followed that to the letter, and still the usernames in the various groups are blue.
    Administrative has User Name CSS: color: red;
    but admin names remain blue.

Moderator has User Name CSS: color: purple;
    but still remains blue.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is it changing within the post bit? Certain areas won't respect these modifications.

Phatcows likes this.
  3. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

It's not changing anywhere.

4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

You did remember to assign different priority levels? Higher will display before the lower numbers will.

5. Tracy Perry

Visitor User Panel is the main one that I have found. I think almost everywhere else it does?

6. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

Hi Tracy,
    I have the following priorities already set:

Administrative are at priority 1000
    Lead moderator at 950
    Moderator at 900
    Registered user at 0

Thanks for the reply :)

7. Jeremy

Visitor Panels, last post information, profiles, member cards, thread listing, recent threads, new threads, search, posts ("Tracy Perry, x minutes ago"), member drop down. Those are the places I can think of off the top of my head in the default XenForo installation that don't follow it.

Are you using a custom style?

8. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

Default style. I spent a good amount of time making sure I was doing everything right before posting here :)

9. Tracy Perry

Just a silly question... have you tried clearing your cache of your browser? What is the site?

10. Jeremy

Double check that the users were actually placed into the secondary groups. Have you installed any template modifications / add-ons that deal with the post bit?

Tracy Perry likes this.
  11. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

No, well now I have since you suggested it with no luck. I use chrome, so I logged in with IE to see if it could be a browser issue. No luck. Our test forum is currently on xen.thecelebforum.org. We don't have guest registration activated but I can switch it on for you if required.

Could you define this for me: Double check that the users were actually placed into the secondary groups

I have recently installed Usergroup Ranks which adds a displaybit because I couldn't get usergroup styling to work :)
    I have installed a few mods but I don't think(!) any have modified the postbit. I can list them in required too.

Thank you for your replies thus far :)

12. Tracy Perry

That shouldn't effect anything (as I'm running it on my site).

13. Tracy Perry

Problem has been resolved. Was the way the usergroups were defined for the users.(y)

14. Phatcows

Phatcows Active Member

Thanks to King Kovifor for his replies and Tracy Perry for the support and user permission foraging :)