XF 2.0 user group question

usAdultAds

I have noticed when I create a new user group, all options are set to "no"
I do not feel like going through 100+ settings to make sure everything is set right...
Is there a way to copy an existing user group, then give it a new title?
then at this point, I could change the few settings that need to be changed.

I am surprised there is not a "clone usergroup" option. This way I could
clone the closest user group that meets my needs, then change the
settings that need to be changed without going through the entire list.

thanks

Since every user has a primary group (which really should be Registered), everyone will inherit everything from there. So that being said, if you know what your Registered group can do (and what not), you really just need to care about extra permissions. For example, if there's something set to "yes" in Registered, but "no" in your custom group, it will still result in "yes". With that in mind, you could assign your custom group, create another custom group and yet again only change the things you want to change from custom group 1 to custom group 2.

Group 1 + Group 2
----------------------
Yes + No = Yes
No + Yes = Yes
No + No = No
Never + any = No
any + never = No

Never > yes > no
https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/groups-permissions/

you still do not get what I am saying..

When i create a new user group, all permissions are set to "NO" by default.
I would have to manually go through each one of them compared to the
registered user group in order to make sure yes and no is property set.

Well, I told you already this is mapped against your default registered group. You should know what every registered member can do.
Besides that, if something is set to "yes" to your default group, every new group will inherit that. If it is set to "no", every new group will inherit that. If it is set to "never", no one will be able to ever use that.
Long story short, if you want to change a group, you should know in which way it differs from the default group. If you can't remember that, just open two tabs and compare it that way. Other than that, you're doing nothing wrong. It is intended that every new group has everything set to "no".

Well, I told you already this is mapped against your default registered group. You should know what every registered member can do.
Besides that, if something is set to "yes" to your default group, every new group will inherit that. If it is set to "no", every new group will inherit that. If it is set to "never", no one will be able to ever use that.
Long story short, if you want to change a group, you should know in which way it differs from the default group. If you can't remember that, just open two tabs and compare it that way. Other than that, you're doing nothing wrong. It is intended that every new group has everything set to "no".

I guess that is what I have to do.
why make anything easier to save time.
what was I thinking, ROFL.

Top Bottom