XF 2.2 User Group Promotions - Not promoted into a new user group

Good morning,

The first problem is that the promotions group cannot apply automatically after reaching the criteria, so we have to do so manually by rebuilding the promotions of the user group.

The second problem is when the new user reaches the criteria. It remains in the same group and does not move into the new group.

Solution
When the Registered user group achieves the criteria they get the verified user permissions but are not moved to the verified user group and they stay just in the Registered User Group.
They don't get 'moved"... that group gets added to their user profile. They will remain in the Registered group by default. XF's promotions are cumulative, not replacement.
Their primary group should always be Registered. This is an issue many new XF admins don't quite grasp, as with other scripts you get moved into another group.
Yep... your users that have not been active recently will NOT get the promotions until they log in again and the CRON job runs once more.
The ONLY way around that is to manually rebuild the promotions. Normal behavior for around a decade.

As fpr the second issue... depending on what the settings are, if they have been active, then the first thing I'd be looking at is are you running any add-ons that "enhance" promotions? Because as I said, as long as the criteria is met, and they have been recently active, once the CRON runs, it should promote them. It's not an "instant" deal.

thank you for the quick reply
about the first, I did what you said to log out and log in but nothing happens I think it takes some time to run the corn job.

for now, I use the default criteria.
using this :
User is a member of any of the selected user groups:
*New Registered
User has posted at least X messages:

if the user reaches the criteria above he will move to the Promotion I set.

The cron job runs about every 20 minutes or so if I remember correctly. You can simply check that in the ACP.

Yours is pretty much what I use for my base (I use 5 posts to promote to "Member" status)... but I use the "Registered" group as that is the base group EVERYONE is added to. You have to have some way to get them in the "New Registered" before that promotion will work using your criteria.

Check the user change log.

If there are entries showing a promotion and immediate demotion, it is due to confliction criteria.

If there is no entry at all related to promotion then the member did not meet the criteria.

You specifically said they are a member of the New Registered group. AFAIK, there is no New Registered group shipped. You have either renamed the Registered group or you created a new group called New Registered. If you did the latter, then you have to have some way of getting all members into that group when they join before it can be used as a criteria.

You specifically said they are a member of the New Registered group. AFAIK, there is no New Registered group shipped. You have either renamed the Registered group or you created a new group called New Registered. If you did the latter, then you have to have some way of getting all members into that group when they join before it can be used as a criteria.
by default, we have a Registered user group, I give them fewer permission ( Just posting )
I create a new user group ( verified user group ) and I give them more permissions than the first (registered user group) like changing the avatar, editing the signature, and editing the profile.

so I add some criteria for the Registered user group to achieve before moving to the verified user group.

When the Registered user group achieves the criteria they get the verified user permissions but are not moved to the verified user group and they stay just in the Registered User Group.

I hope I explained clearly this time :)

Thank You For Your Help

so I add some criteria for the Registered user group to achieve before moving to the verified user group.
I think you must mean have the verified user group added as secondary, not moved to that group.
This makes no sense to me, how would they get the extra permissions without also being in the verified user group?

They don't get 'moved"... that group gets added to their user profile. They will remain in the Registered group by default. XF's promotions are cumulative, not replacement.
Their primary group should always be Registered. This is an issue many new XF admins don't quite grasp, as with other scripts you get moved into another group.

Solution
No classified creation for you! :LOL:
I thought it was an appropriate title... it's for those that create BS ads in the classified section and gets their rights revoked.
The user banner they get.
Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 5.20.01 AM.png

As you are well aware... I can be somewhat of an ass at times. ;)
I don't foresee much besides scammers getting that banner though, and they deserve it.

so that is an issue?
logically must move to the other group

so that is an issue?
logically must move to the other group
No, they don't logically "move to the other group" in XF.
As I said, that process is cumulative in XF. They get ADDED to the base Registered group, NOT moved to another. Once more, that is a concept that OTHER scripts regularly use... so don't get confused as XF does not utilize the moving from one group to another, only adding to/removing from the additional groups to the base.
If you try to force that, then the promotions will NOT work as designed.
Notice it clearly says ADDING in the very first line of the description of promotions.

Top Bottom