User Forums

Dynamic

Hi there,

I am just wondering if it is possible to create a custom dropdown box in the users profile field, and based on their choice, it shows / hides different forums.

I would like the users on my forum to select the state they live in (Vic, QLD, TAS, etc), lets say they select "Vic", I would like that user to be able to see the forum "Vic" on my board, and the other states remain invisible. I would like to have this automated as opposed to creating a user group for each state.

Thanks.

You made me lookup the states of Australia. 6 states isn't too bad. I was initially thinking about 50 states which would be a pain to setup. :p

Your desired setup (no usergroups) requires an addon to match the profile field to a state's forum.

If you use usergroups then you can create user promotions based on the profile field to automatically assign users to state groups. The groups would then only have access to their respective state forums. No addon required.

Okay, so I got the user promotions thing understood. But it is not working. I made it so the promotion promotes them to a different usergroup when they select their state, and have more than 20 posts. So

Usergroup: Victoria
Forum: Victoria

When the user selects their state on registration (victoria), and has more than 20 posts on the forums, it should move them to the usergroup "victoria". It is not moving them over. I have revoked permissions for "registered" users to see the forum named "victoria". The only usergroup who can see it is the usergroup "victoria", but the promotion does not seem to be shifting the user over.

Any idea on what is going on?

Promotions are handled by a cron that runs hourly:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions

You can run it manually if you are testing.

Got it worked out. When I changed it from a dropdown box to a point select it worked :)

Excellent

5537.jpg

Running with scissors is dangerous.
Running with a goalie mask and that knife is "over 9000" dangerous.
be careful.

Damn dude!

For the record Halloween > Friday the 13th

That list was not bad, however I would put the Batman mask from the Burton film above the Nolan one. Keaton just looked bad ass in that movie.

Also, your avatar looks like a machine operator we have at work... creepy...

Top Bottom