User Essentials [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
The problem is that the same table is used for both post edit history and the last edited by. If you simply delete the records then you will lose the last edited by info as well as what the first post looked like.
I'll have to figure out a way to make this a cron option while keeping the desired info.
Alright thank you! :)

Allow Previous Names
Allow
Prevent
Do you wish to allow (default) the recycling of previous user names?
Selecting 'Prevent' can avert confusion when a member selects a name which was previously used by another member and may very well be nested in older post quotes.
This restriction will also be applied to new registrations, but not to user names created via the Admin Control Panel.

Should I use prevent if I don't want to enable this function at all?

Changing a user name is a user group permission called Can change own user name. If you don't want users to be able to change their name then do not assign their user group the permission.
Allowing or preventing the selection of previous user names is an option. Leaving it as 'Allow' is the default XenForo comes with.

I've added an option to prune Post Edit Histories but before I release it as 1.1.1 I'm looking for a couple of volunteers that have LOTS of post edits to test it first.
Any takers?

I've added an option to prune Post Edit Histories but before I release it as 1.1.1 I'm looking for a couple of volunteers that have LOTS of post edits to test it first.
Any takers?

How do I tell how many I've got/had?

Syndol updated User Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.1

What's new:
  • Added an option to prune post edit histories older than X days in order to free up disk space for the operating system to reuse. You will find this under the 'Tools' section of your ACP.
  • Also from now on if the Post Edit History option is not set, the 'Last edited by' will not become a link since there are no post messages to compare in such a situation.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/UserEss/' to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Syndol,

Could you please add Moderator Edit/Actions to Post history log (like Open/Close, Change title, moved, delete/undelete)? It's very useful
Thankyou.

Syndol updated User Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.2

What's new:
  • Fixed a typo that crept in since last update that caused the auto pruning of the User Log to not work.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/UserEss/Model/UserLog.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upload the file 'Upload/library/UserEss/CronEntry/CleanUp.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  3. Optional (to display correct version) - Upgrade the addon-UserEss_112.xml
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Don't know why but since last 2 Upgrades, Members on my forum are unable to edit Inline posts and getting this error.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Its throws this error

" You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. "

Top Bottom