User Display Name instead of User Name

TheLaw

I'm trying to have a display name like Wordpress has so that a user will use a user name but can choose a screen name, e.g. my login is login_name but my display name will be "John Doe." I'm curious if there is an add on because I'm unaware of any option currently in XF.

Thanks - This is useful but I guess I didn't make myself clear. Typically I don't like having user names being displayed for two reasons:

1. They are login names which, if known, hackers can use to hack into an account. Still, they are easier to remember for some people... but there is #2.

2. I don't like having blank spaces for user names. On my site it may make sense to have them. Wordpress gives you the ability to have a "screen name" so that you can have a user name of mysecretname and your screen name as "John Doe" - a person's real name.

I guess I can have user names with spaces on XF although I have traditionally disallowed them. I may use this addon, though, since some users will want to use their full name and others wish they could have changed it. Thanks for trying to help.

Top Bottom