1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 User data adjusting CSS

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by MagicalMidge, Sep 12, 2016.

1. MagicalMidge

MagicalMidge Member

So we just completed our first test import, very happy with the way xenForo handles everything!

I am going through the different styles ect to try and make our new xenForo look similar to our old vBulletin forum. Scrolling through some archived posts I noticed this (see image attached)

We still have a live version of our vBulletin forum so I went and found the same post, and where in red on xenForo it says "mint" it should say redmint, but it appears the "red" has changed the text to red.

I hope there is a simple solution to this and I am just being silly for over looking it.

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I presume that is a signature?

If so, you may just have to update the signature text to the correct bb code format.
  3. Brogan

The red text in the screenshot in the first post definitely looks like a signature to me.

It is below the post content, separated by a dashed line, and above the post data with the user name, date, etc.
  4. Brogan

That's a different user?

The one in the first screenshot is redmint, not redmist.
  5. Brogan

No worries - I wasn't sure if I was missing something obvious at first ...

It's not totally clear from the description what you are trying to change.

However, this guide may help - it explains how to identify specific elements and to determine whether there is an SP or you need to use EXTRA.css: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to.4390/
  6. Brogan

Yes, any elements which use @primaryMedium will be affected when changing the SP.

The guide I linked to will help you style individual elements without it affecting other elements on the page/site.