MG 2.1 User cannot delete media from within album view

Mr Lucky

I have a user that cannot delete their media when viewing within an album

They can delete individual items if they open that item and delete from the ... drop own menu, but when viewing the media items after clicking into an album, they do not get the selection tick box at top left of each item

They have permissions Delete own media items = yes

They can delete albums, ie in their list of albums they see the tick boxes
They can delete media from their list of media, ie when clicking on"your content" they see all their items and can see the tick boxes.

It's only when inside an album that they don't get the tick boxes.

Thies seems very strange, or is there some other setting/permission somewhere

Thanks

Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 14.00.13.webp

I have a user that cannot delete their media when viewing within an album
Assuming you mean the screen when in an album where you can see all of the album's media, you need the "Use inline moderation on media items" moderator permission to be able to select multiple items. So just assign that to the user groups you want to be able to use this feature and that should sort it.

Assuming you mean the screen when in an album where you can see all of the album's media,
Yes

you need the "Use inline moderation on media items" moderator permission
But wouldn't that mean they can delete other users' media?

These are users who should just be able to delete their own media, and want to be able to do that from within an album by selecting. If they can do it from the list of all their media, surely they should be able to do that from the list inside an album ????

Ok, but I just checked and it seems now they can select other people's media. Although they cannot delete them, it seems a bit confusing that they can select stuff so it gets ticked but for no reason because there is nothing they can do with it.

Well technically it is a moderation tool (hence the description used in permissions).

It might be raising this as a suggestion to change how the inline moderation bar works for non-moderators.

Well technically it is a moderation tool (hence the description used in permissions).

It might be raising this as a suggestion to change how the inline moderation bar works for non-moderators.

Absolutely - it is very confusing for members. Using moderation tool when they cannot moderate seems odd.

Is it a suggestion then or actually a bug?

Using moderation tool when they cannot moderate seems odd.
Not really. It's a specific moderator tool that normally is assigned to moderators if you want them to use it and is deliberately separate from the other moderator abilities. It could be argued it would be odd to give it to members whilst not giving them other moderating abilities too.

However, it might be useful to have it as a tool for users to manage multiple media items of their own (without being able to select others' media items even if they can't do anything with those). Though there is a danger with letting members potentially delete hundreds of their own media in one fell swoop.

It's probably not a bug but you'll have to ask the XF team. I'd guess it's more likely a suggestion for consistency - if users can select multiple albums of theirs (and then potentially delete them) then they should probably be able to do the same with their media items.

Run "Analyze permissions." They do not need moderator permissions, your permissions are correct so run the analyzer to check for conflicts.

I did that (see screenshot in my OP)

Martok is correct though that in order to delete selected items from within an album they need the moderator permissions, which is, as he implies, not consistent behaviour.

Top Bottom