User Agreements

Monkeytime

I want a user agreement to popup for users. Not just when the user creates a new account, but every-time they go to submit a post, or reply to a post. Is there any feature like this in 2.2 or 2.3? Thanks.

You could make a thread called User Agreement and tell them what the rules and that are if you wanted to.
But as for features go gotta trust what the staff have already said.

There is nothing built in which will do that.
What is the best practice method for User Agreements with some basic legal mumbo jumbo? I've been using the "Communication/Notices" feature, but it's kinda kludgy for User Agreements. I'm on 2.1 and starting new forum on 2.2 soon. This is kinda key to our deployment. Thank you.

Lots of internal discussion around this right now. We have legal issues to deal with. If they only have to agree when they post, then it’s not that bad.
We force an acceptance of the rules (only in one forum for classifieds where it seems important.

We do this by using a custom user field with a checkbox saying they agree to the terms.

However this only works for starting a thread not for replies.

For one or two specific members that constantly needed reminding of the rules I used this addon

Thanks for the responses. 2 questions.
1. What is the official way to present User Agreements? I can't find something in 2.1. When I search xenforo and user agreement, I get non-related hits for licensing questions.
2. @Mr Lucky Can you use that mod to force users to read the rules on a regular basis? For example, if I wanted to make everyone read once a month regardless if they post or not, do I have to do something manual once a month, or can it be automated?

What is the official way to present User Agreements?
If I understand what you mean by "User Agreements", as part of the "Terms of Use" they accept at registration as far as I know. I rewrote the default T&C to specifically reference our Community Values with a link to them (as we currently call it, used to be Code of Conduct). That's how I've always handled it.

1699977169958.png

Which leads here:

And has a link to here:

(I use the free Rules add-in from OzzModz to format and maintain the values)

Last edited:
Top Bottom