User Age & Gender Permissions

Xarcell

I was thinking and had an idea on how to add permissions to age groups, without having to add permissions to every single age if the admin didn't want too.

I'd like to see an option when creating a group, to place users from age-to-age or by gender into that group. If the user's age changes, it reflects on permissions or whether or not that user is should still be in that group.

It's a pretty simple concept, I just don't know how complicated it would be to code. Age & Gender permissions is a good way to organize a forum if you only want to allow postings of middle aged men in one node, or teenagers in another node.

Anyways, implementing this would broaden the xF market and separate it from other software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 9
I'd like to see an option when creating a group, to place users from age-to-age or by gender into that group. If the user's age changes, it reflects on permissions or whether or not that user is should still be in that group...
...and if a user's gender changes...

I support both the ability to have groups based upon age (makes managing my forum a lot easier!) and also to have multiple options for gender, because the members of my forum don't necessarily identify with male or female. I've not installed XF as of yet, but I certainly have been keeping an eye on it, so I can match as much as I can on my current vB install; there's a fair few things that either been met or exceeded, between built in forum features, or plugins, but not everything has been met as of yet, so I can't transfer over.... plus I need to practice the transfer.

I like .... Expecially the idea of age based permissions.

Ironically not because I'd actually use them, but because its something that other software hasnt got

I could use an age based option. It would be nice if conditions based on custom profile fields could be used for permissions/usergroups.

Top Bottom