User Access Granting

Brandon Coates

Hello,

Can i set up the User permission where I (as admin.) must approve any user before they can access the site. Right now, any body can just access our web page, sign up, click their email confirmation and start posting. I want to make it where i can filter these users before they are granted access.

Thanks !!

Hello,

Can i set up the User permission where I (as admin.) must approve any user before they can access the site. Right now, any body can just access our web page, sign up, click their email confirmation and start posting. I want to make it where i can filter these users before they are granted access.

Thanks !!
This is possible.

How in the world do you do it?
It's like most forum software - you can set it so that the users have to be manually approved - or you can do it by permissions. If you are wanting support for an existing installation associate your username with your license and post in the http://xenforo.com/community/forums/troubleshooting-and-problems.24/ area.
This is not meant to be snarky, but it alleviates the possibility of folks with pirated copies coming in and "sneaking" in support questions.

Top Bottom