1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Access Granting

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Brandon Coates, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Brandon Coates

Brandon Coates New Member

Can i set up the User permission where I (as admin.) must approve any user before they can access the site. Right now, any body can just access our web page, sign up, click their email confirmation and start posting. I want to make it where i can filter these users before they are granted access.

Thanks !!
  2. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

This is possible.
  3. Brandon Coates

How in the world do you do it?
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

It's like most forum software - you can set it so that the users have to be manually approved - or you can do it by permissions. If you are wanting support for an existing installation associate your username with your license and post in the http://xenforo.com/community/forums/troubleshooting-and-problems.24/ area.
    This is not meant to be snarky, but it alleviates the possibility of folks with pirated copies coming in and "sneaking" in support questions.
    Liam W and Jeremy like this.
  5. Brandon Coates

What is the license association process? I dont see an option for that in my user profiles
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member