• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Use symlinks for zend directory

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

I'm somebody who's hosting many forums.
Because i allready have some Zend Applications, Zend Framework is already on my webspace and IMHO it's unneccesary to provide it also with every xenforo installation.

So to save some webspace, i've deleted all Zend directories from the xenforo library path and linked them to my "xenforo zend source directory"

ln -s ~/sources/XFZF ~/ragtek.org/www/xenforo/library/Zend

Now i'm saving 20MB for every XenForo Installation.

I'm also linking my Add-on directory because i have all my addons in a special directory

Saved my in sum ~70MB only because of these 2 links:)

thx forgotten tho write this (that's why i wrote
them to my "xenforo zend source directory"
^^)
That's why i took the xf zend and copied it to sources/XFZF

There's one changed file in the zend framework that is bundled with xenforo:
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...sh-on-db-query-windows.5197/page-2#post-85852
As far as I know, that bug is fixed in 1.11.1 now, so when I do the upgrade, that change should go away.
[Edit: I stand corrected. I thought it was going to get resolved in the last bug hunt, but no go yet.]

Though there is another change that I'm likely to make (in Zend_Mail). I believe that bug is only fixed in ZF2 now, though I'll have to confirm.