XF 2.0 Use Azure for production or UAT

kaieivindm

Using Azure, or GCP/AWS going forward may be a good solution for many of us. Maybe more so for UAT env but non the less, its a viable option many wants to explore.

We know that Azure MySQL and MariaDB wont accept MyISAM tables at all, due to transaction issues and potentially data loss. And Xenforo use MyISAM when creating some tables as I understand it? Please correct me if I am wrong. And since Azure require InnoDB as engine for the tables it fails during installation (New) or even migrating database over.

Basically we have to alter tables from MyISAM to InnoDB, then backup the databse and finally export / import to Azure DB to make it work.

So my question is, will Xenforo stop creating tables with MyISAM engine in the future? Or is there a reason behind the engine choice? Most of the tables are InnoDB anyway?

Thanks.

You can manually change some tables to be InnoDB if you prefer and it will generally work, though we can't really guarantee that you won't see some differences. For example, the full text search behavior differs between MyISAM and InnoDB (including InnoDB rejecting some queries that MyISAM doesn't, so it's possible to see some SQL errors logged in relation to that).

Top Bottom