url prefix for CDN / static content webserver

Weppa333

Hi

I'm testing XF like all of you.
I couldn't find an option to specify a URL path before static content (eg logo URLs, etc) however I can see all images in styles seem to have a relative path (which is good)
The question remains ; how to add a fixed webserver before those relatives paths, in order to use a dedicated webserver for static content ( eg : http://fastserver.com/ static/logo.png )

There is an additional option in 1.0.2 to allow avatars and thumbnails to be served from a different source.

Currently only the JavaScript source can be specified.

Ok, so starting at 1.0.2 I can add a "static webserver" information for avatars, thumbs, images in templates, and JS.
Am I correct ?
I cannot seriously consider even testing XF without this option in place ( it's a VB board with 4M posts, 2000 users online with 5 min session ) Obviously I'll dump the built in search (as I dumped VB's - no offense to be taken here) and use sphinx.

So is there an ETA for 1.0.2 ?

No ETA for 1.0.2 yet, sorry.

As for Sphinx, there is a search system being developed for big boards which you may be interested in.
Unfortunately I can't provide any details but from what I've seen it's very impressive.

Honnestly I have sphinx for VB but I might as well consider go for plain google integration... Less and less users actually use the built in search anyway, people use google for everything... Part of the reason is that thanks to VB or phpBB a lot of users have lost confidence in built in searchs in forums, providing answers in a completely useless order... I once started a poll to ask the reasons for this, users tell that they "feel" like results are missing when using built-in searchs... Of course this only applies to forums where all the content is public.

I guess everyone's experience is the same here. Not that VB is bad, as long as you stick with 3.x :) :)

PS
Impressed by the speed of reaction here. beeing in the same timezone/continent helps probably. I think I'm gonna buy a licence just to play a bit. But I don't feel like importing a big board until I have some experience in the product myself... :)

Top Bottom