XF 2.1 URL for forums

Jens1986

Hi

If I change this setting:

Skjermbilde 2020-05-21 kl. 11.36.27.webp

Do I have to set up any redirects, or will there be created a redirect from the old URL to the new URL automatically?

As the description text states, changing the URL portion will cause the original URL to break.

You would need to add a rewrite rule to account for it.

I don't understand the function of this.

Would love to change:

to this

But it seems it is against the rules, as I am getting an "oops?"

"Please enter a value using only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, - and _ characters."

I had a look at the site. Something is a bit confusing about the directory structure.

When you click on the forum navigation, it goes to the directory /forums/ . But xenforo is installed in the directory /forum/ (seems to be another forum "Nabble?"

So when you go to a forum in xenforo, you get the URL with /forum/forums/

So what you are asking above is to cut out the second directory /forums/ (which is not really a directory per se, just part of the URL that xenforo applies. I was not aware you could actually do that with route filters.

However after some experimenting I discovered that what you put into the URL portion, the original URL does actually redirect to it. So in your case you should be able to put the-woodstovethere and have this:

https://nyskiblog.com/forum/forums/the-woodstove/

EDIT: just had another look and got more confused.

From the home page the navigtaion link Forum goes to nabble, not the xenforo forum, which now seems impossible to navigate to from home page.

Last edited:
This situation is temporary.

When I get my Xenforo issues resolved (not getting registration confirmation email, adsense not working) our existing forum (Nabble) will be shut down and my main menu will link to XF. Hopefully with some help from this group, I can figure those issues out.

Let's say right now XF is still in beta. Just a few members testing it out.

Let's say right now XF is still in beta. Just a few members testing it out.
I would be tempted to import Nabble.

But you should still be able to set up the URL portion.

In an ideal world we should be able to have both the xenforo and a wordpress installation in the root, theoretically you can but involves messing with the wordpress index.php, and I believe every update will break it.

I have worked extensively to try to import Nabble, but I don't believe it can be done.

There is a small team working on it, but Nabble is shutting down in a few weeks and I don't think the solution will be ready in time.

Top Bottom