• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Uploads: I don't get it... I guess

Hi,

when I want to embed a picture in a post I click "upload a File" and it gets uploaded and attached to the post. I think, because I cannot see it: After the uploading is completed nothing shows up, I can close the dialog and that's it.

But if I post my reply and then use "edit" a handy gallery shows up with buttons to embed the files etc.
Isn't this gallery supposed to show up right when I upload the files the first time?

THX

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
After the uploading is completed nothing shows up
Here or on your own site?
That would suggest the upload is failing for some reason.

But if I post my reply and then use "edit" a handy gallery shows up with buttons to embed the files etc.
Isn't this gallery supposed to show up right when I upload the files the first time?
It's really not clear what you are trying to do/explain.
Some screenshots may help.

screen 1: the enpty post before I do anything
screen 2: the upload dialog in use, see the moving bit in the upper right corner.
after that I close the dialog and it look like in "screen 3"...

Nothing there, or where do i have to look?

Ihen I uploaded 2 und 3, wrot some text and posted the reply.

NOW, I see the three images above this one....

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That appears to be an issue with your browser/computer.

Do you have this enabled in your preferences?
upload_2015-5-23_12-58-27.png

As you're not using the Flash uploader.

What happens from another browser - e.g. Firefox?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
No, Firefox isn't a requirement but it would help to rule out a browser issue.

It appears to be something local to you as it works fine for me (and everyone else).

Oops, I got it. It was my browsers security settings. I enabled "click to play" for Flash and that does not show up obviously here. Sorry.
Thanks for your help.

rainmotorsports

yes I do have that option enabled.

When I use my MacBook it acts the very same.

I do not have any other browser in use but Chrome on none of my computers. Is Firefox a system requirement for XenForo?
Didn't think Mac's even made use of flash anymore. Chrome out of the box should work but Firefox needs a plugin for flash.

Jeremy P

@RalleRalle, fwiw, if you still want to use Click To Play for Flash content, you can disable it on a per site basis (for sites where the Click To Play area doesn't show, like here).

When a site tries to load Flash content, an icon will appear on your address bar:
Selection_002.png