Uploading Xenforo onto Server

Drae

I'm one of those try-it-yourself types, and I was thinking that I would try uploading/installing Xenforo onto the server I go for to be able to tick off another thing I can do for myself :D

But, if I mess it up (I'm not sure how you can but you never know), will that mean I need to rebuy Xenforo? And if I really mess it up, can I still buy the Installation Service?

Never mind, just saw it answered in another thread XD

Hi Drae! You're a member of our site that just went XenForo. It's pretty much like any other software.

I did find Ghan here on these forums very helpful in setting it up.

Ok, so I'm looking at http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/hosting.aspx?ci=22124]GoDaddy's[/url] hosting options with access database thanks to a lot of recommendations (the ultimate plan). How do I know if I need Linux or Windows?
I've personally never used GoDaddy for hosting but I'd look into alternatives.

4. I recommend to stay away from Godaddy's hosting. Their servers use custom configuration that messes up quite a lot of software packages, from my experience their support is limited to copy/pasting knowledge base articles without reading the whole ticket. I have moved 2 clients away from them so far.

GoDaddy makes for the worse possible web host (seriously). Things that work in the normal world ...ie... Everywhere else.... May not apply to GoDaddy.

With this said, it should run as soon as you point your browser to it (type in the address to it).

www.YourDomain.com/xenforo_requirements.php

I'm pretty sure that other people had issues with GoDaddy hosting when using XenForo.

You'd be better off with another host in the long run as well, as GoDaddy really isn't that great a choice for hosting, and really should only be used as a first site host (When you don't know much).

I'd stay away from GoDaddy no matter what.

Get hosting from a "real" hosting company.
Every time I help someone on GD hosting it's nothing but time consuming annoying issues.
Which tend to go away 100% when they move to say Linode or eukhosting, leaseweb or rackspace.

Ok, so I'm looking at http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/hosting.aspx?ci=22124]GoDaddy's[/url] hosting options with access database thanks to a lot of recommendations (the ultimate plan). How do I know if I need Linux or Windows?
Back away slowly and find another alternative.

Godaddy is the subject of a lot of attacks (more than average and beyond normal).

Forgetting that... You need only Google the words "Godaddy" and "Forum Hosting" to find the truth or search here or checkout webhostingtalk.com ..... All the above will tell you how poor Godaddy is for php and mysql.

This is true no matter what forum software you decide.

Top Bottom