1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Uploading of image.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Brett_Campbell, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Hi Team

Is there any way of uploading images without having to use a link.

Ie: most of my members would not be able to upload images as they do not have any hosting for them.

I understand we would then over time run into space if the are thousands of images... is there a work around?

ALSO i do not seem to have a resource section available in my new software? where would i enable or find this please?
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Just click the Upload a File button.

Brett_Campbell likes this.
  3. BOOM! AndyB not sure why i was fixated on the image upload in the tool bar.

So i presume that all these images simply get hosted on our own domain?
    Thanks for your swift help.
  4. Also, any idea on why I wouldn't have a resource section? Im getting the feeling it is an add-on? Any help where to access this, would be great.
  5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

It is the Resource Manager (official) addon. You can purchase it as an extra to your license from the customer area.

6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Another way is drag and drop. You can drag an image from a folder on your computer and drop it in the editor and it will attach it.
    They are stored in on your server (believe it's in the /data directory but not absolutely sure).