XF 1.4 Uploading images from phone

rwm1962

I've tried to upload image here from phone & it's says it has an invalid extension. If I plug the phone into my PC & browse to them from there they upload fine. They were PNG screenshots.

I'm unable to upload jpegs too - doesn't error - just don't appear.

If I choose 'from camera' option it takes the picture, leaves the new post I'm on & opens another new post but the image doesn't upload.

Android.

Any idea's please?

I have no problem uploading screenshots (png) or camera photos (jpg) from any of my Android devices.

Can you describe the exact steps you go through when trying to upload these images? It could be you're doing something incorrectly.

Upload a file > browse to file > tap. A progress icon of sorts appears then nothing. Sceenshots & camera as above. I'll tether by tablet when it's charged & try from there too.

Tried it on my other non Xf forum. Even though the file is a jpg ie 5748.jpg the file browser is seeing it as image:5748 so not seeing the extension. I'm guessing XF is the same . What's the right method?

Upload a file > Choose file > Documents

Screenshot_2015-07-25-21-38-25_20150725214603711.webp

> Menu (3 lines) > Images

Screenshot_2015-07-25-21-39-00.webp

> Screenshots or Pictures

Screenshot_2015-07-25-21-39-26.webp

Then choose the image you want to upload.

As you can see, this works as these images were uploaded from my Android device.

Are you following the exact steps in my post?

What phone are you using?
What browser are you using?
What version of Android is your phone running?

Last edited:
Aye - & was before. The only difference is my options are slightly different than in your 1st screenshot.

Phone: HTC One Mini
Browser: Google Chrome
Android: 4.4.2

Screenshot_2015-07-25-23-08-11[1].webp

Top Bottom