Awaiting feedback  Uploading an avatar takes a long time, sometimes not uploading at all

dutchbb

Uploading some avatars goes fast, but others take ages to upload, some do not upload at all...

For example the attached picture will not upload within 2 minutes (didn't wait longer).

Attachments

• how_to_lose_friends___alienate_people_movie_image_simon_pegg.webp
    how_to_lose_friends___alienate_people_movie_image_simon_pegg.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 10
Own beta 2, no problems here. I haven't set any limitations that I know of so really strange.

Attachment upload with Flash also does not work anymore (stops at 100%) not sure if that's connected with this issue, just saying.

They're almost undoubtedly connected.

Has your host/you made any changes server-side since you got the flash uploader working by disabling mod_security?

Just asked and they told me they didn't change anything except for an execute permission on a TMP folder, but they said this should not be allowed anyway.

The strange thing now is that I can upload some images as avatar (though slow) but others not like the one in the OP. They all work here... it drives me crazy :confused:

And the attachment problem is solved, that what caused by a conflict in the htaccess file.

Just to check, try turning off JS and uploading an avatar the base way. That should get any JS/json interactions out of the way.

If you still have the problem, if you can PM me with FTP details and a test account, I'll have a look.

Top Bottom