1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awaiting Feedback Uploading an avatar takes a long time, sometimes not uploading at all

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by dutchbb, Nov 9, 2010.

1. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Uploading some avatars goes fast, but others take ages to upload, some do not upload at all...

For example the attached picture will not upload within 2 minutes (didn't wait longer).

Attached Files:

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Was that on xf.com or your own Beta 2 site?
  3. dutchbb

Own beta 2, no problems here. I haven't set any limitations that I know of so really strange.

Attachment upload with Flash also does not work anymore (stops at 100%) not sure if that's connected with this issue, just saying.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They're almost undoubtedly connected.

Has your host/you made any changes server-side since you got the flash uploader working by disabling mod_security?
  5. dutchbb

Just asked and they told me they didn't change anything except for an execute permission on a TMP folder, but they said this should not be allowed anyway.

The strange thing now is that I can upload some images as avatar (though slow) but others not like the one in the OP. They all work here... it drives me crazy :confused:

And the attachment problem is solved, that what caused by a conflict in the htaccess file.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Just to check, try turning off JS and uploading an avatar the base way. That should get any JS/json interactions out of the way.

If you still have the problem, if you can PM me with FTP details and a test account, I'll have a look.