XF 1.4 Uploaded picture showing as a file instead of inline picture

Hello folks.

I have been testing out XenForo and it is good.

Minor problem with uploading feature which I can fix later on.

Just this one problem when trying to upload a picture of 3.5 MB in size. Was told file was too big, found the problem, changed the max upload size to allow it. It now uploads, no sweat, but once that is done, it shows as a file that you click to see a picture instead of showing the picture in the message.

I have attached a picture shoing the top half of the image with a picture working as intended and the bottom half as you can see is a file that you click to see picture in a new tab instead of showing it like the above image.

Attachments

• problem.webp
    problem.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 26
Once you have uploaded an image, are you clucking on Full Image to insert it into a post? If you don't use this or Insert Thumbnail, the uploaded image will only display as an attachment as you have described.

Once you have uploaded an image, are you clucking on Full Image to insert it into a post? If you don't use this or Insert Thumbnail, the uploaded image will only display as an attachment as you have described.

Thank you Martok for your reply.

Unfortunately no, It does not give me a choice of thumbnail or full image to insert it into a post. Even if I click "Insert every image as" full image, nothing changes.

I have attached an image showing what I see in regards of thumb or full image choices when I try to upload that 3.5MB picture.

Attachments

• problem 2.webp
    problem 2.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 21
Interesting.

I see that the test.jpg file has those options, so its something to do with the other file.

If you rename the file before uploading so that it doesn't have an exclamation mark (!) in the title, do you still have the same issue?

I'm assuming that the image isn't a picture of a letter X? I notice that the thumbnail shows an X. Is it really a jpg file? Has it been encoded by an application? If so, maybe its bern encoded incorrectly. That X in the thumbnail seems familiar but I can't quite place it.

I'm assuming that the image isn't a picture of a letter X? I notice that the thumbnail shows an X. Is it really a jpg file? Has it been encoded by an application? If so, maybe its bern encoded incorrectly. That X in the thumbnail seems familiar but I can't quite place it.

I ran another test with a wallpaper of 2.78 mb with a resolution of 4024 x 2527 and had absolutely no problem, so I will have to agree with you that it has something to do with the file that is funky.

The funky file is not just a letter "X", it is an art picture of Chun Li. The letter "X" is just part of the forum style of BP-Brown.

I consider this problem solved and down to a messed up file is all it is.

Thank you kindly Martok and have a nice day!

What are the dimensions of the image? Images are only resized up to ~20 megapixels by default due to the amount of memory needed.

What are the dimensions of the image? Images are only resized up to ~20 megapixels by default due to the amount of memory needed.

I have attached a picture showing all the information I know about the problem picture. 20 megapixels sounds pretty large so I'm sure that is not the issue.

edit note - Just noticed the resolution of this thing, that might be it?

Attachments

• problemfile information.webp
    problemfile information.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom