• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Upload Progress Bar

Amaury

I'm trying to style the upload progress bar when uploading attachments, and it's a bit difficult. I know the template is attachment_editor.css and I changed backgrounds, borders and colors in there, but I can't get the progress bar to stay up long enough to really get a good look at the changes.

Amaury

Upload a very large file while also uploading other very large files in other browser sessions ;)
The largest image file I have is 103 KB, which uploaded instantly -- so fast that the progress bar barely showed. However, that was one of the avatars my amazing graphics friend made. I can't get anywhere near that file size with my own avatars because I suck at graphics and don't have Photoshop. I just crop and re-size images, such as my avatar here, on Imgur.

Hm...

Tracy Perry

The largest image file I have is 103 KB, which uploaded instantly -- so fast that the progress bar barely showed. However, that was one of the avatars my amazing graphics friend made. I can't get anywhere near that file size with my own avatars because I suck at graphics and don't have Photoshop. I just crop and re-size images, such as my avatar here, on Imgur.

Hm...
Uhhhhh set up a test forum you only have access to, grant yourself unlimited file size and upload a Debian ISO. Promise you that you will have plenty of time to look at it :p

Amaury

Uhhhhh set up a test forum you only have access to, grant yourself unlimited file size and upload a Debian ISO. Promise you that you will have plenty of time to look at it :p
Zip up your hard drive and try to upload that ;)
Um... I'm not sure if these are supposed to be serious or not... :confused:

However, I managed to get a decent look at it by uploading an innumerable amount of images.

Tracy Perry

Um... I'm not sure if these are supposed to be serious or not... :confused:

However, I managed to get a decent look at it by uploading an innumerable amount of images.
Serious as a heart attack.. There are plenty of large files out there... and you can even make your own by archiving a directory up in windows and uploading that. ANY file that is large will work... you just have to allow large enough attachments for the account you are using.

katsulynx

Try the 42.zip if you need some large files :D
It is a 42.374 bytes large file containing 16 zipped files and so on, creating an amount of
16 x 4294967295 = 68.719.476.720 (68GB)
16 x 68719476720 = 1.099.511.627.520 (1TB)
16 x 1099511627520 = 17.592.186.040.320 (17TB)
16 x 17592186040320 = 281.474.976.645.120 (281TB)
16 x 281474976645120 = 4.503.599.626.321.920 (4,5PB)
space. Somewhere between those steps you should probably stop and start uploading, as they should be hardly large enough :p

(42.zip is somehow considered as virus because people are crushing their hard drives when unpacking the lowest 3~4 layers)

Amaury

Finally got a really good look at it by uploading LOTS of files!

The individual bars didn't stay up longer, but with a lot going on I got a really good look.