• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Upload & Download Permissions

Tracy Perry

is there any way to enable upload and disable download permissions for some node ?
Could you not go into the node permissions and set the appropriate flags for each group for that node?
example1.png

example.png
The only problem will be (I think - as I don't do this) is that nobody will see the attachments that don't have the View authority.

Tracy Perry

You will need to check the permissions of all the user groups you are a member of.
I think he may be right @Brogan, as when I set the only group I am a member of (Global Moderator) to not have view attachments permission, but to have upload permission I don't see the upload button:
example.png
example1.png
example2.png

And this is with the View attachments renabled example3.png

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Oh wait, of course.
Yes, my mistake.

To be able to upload attachments you must also be able to view them, which makes sense when you think about it.

Tracy Perry

Oh wait, of course.
Yes, my mistake.

To be able to upload attachments you must also be able to view them, which makes sense when you think about it.
Agreed, in one way... but I can see where if you ran a support board it would be beneficial to have the ability to ONLY upload and not be able to view the file (other than the fact of a placeholder). So, not really a bug, but as designed.
To OP, you can always submit a request for a developer for an add-on, but I would wait until 1.2 is finalized before I did.

Tracy Perry

I think he may have inferred that 1.2 might have it instead of the intended "don't pay for a 1.5 add-on when 1.2 is just around the corner and it would possibly have to be updated to work with it".