1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Upload & Download Permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TBolley, Jun 5, 2013.

1. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

is there any way to enable upload and disable download permissions for some node ?

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Could you not go into the node permissions and set the appropriate flags for each group for that node?
    example1.png

example.png
    The only problem will be (I think - as I don't do this) is that nobody will see the attachments that don't have the View authority.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They will see thumbnails only if they are images, not the full sized versions.

TBolley and Tracy Perry like this.
  4. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

yeah i know but on revoke view attachments and allow on upload, upload button dont show me. seems some permission problem.

5. Brogan

You will need to check the permissions of all the user groups you are a member of.

6. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

same permissions, upload button dont show me on revoke download and allow upload.

7. Tracy Perry

I think he may be right @Brogan, as when I set the only group I am a member of (Global Moderator) to not have view attachments permission, but to have upload permission I don't see the upload button:
    example.png
    example1.png
    example2.png

And this is with the View attachments renabled example3.png

TBolley likes this.
  8. Brogan

Oh wait, of course.
    Yes, my mistake.

To be able to upload attachments you must also be able to view them, which makes sense when you think about it.

9. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

its some standart feature of mostly forum boards, but seems into XenForo dont work.

10. Tracy Perry

Agreed, in one way... but I can see where if you ran a support board it would be beneficial to have the ability to ONLY upload and not be able to view the file (other than the fact of a placeholder). So, not really a bug, but as designed.
    To OP, you can always submit a request for a developer for an add-on, but I would wait until 1.2 is finalized before I did.

TBolley likes this.
  11. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

any news on this ?

12. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What news are you expecting?

13. Tracy Perry

I think he may have inferred that 1.2 might have it instead of the intended "don't pay for a 1.5 add-on when 1.2 is just around the corner and it would possibly have to be updated to work with it".

14. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

seems permissions dont changed into 1.2.0, on deny download and allow upload also upload are denied (confused).

15. Brogan

What are you confused about?

The functionality didn't change in 1.2.

16. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

but important feature, seens this option have no function if allow and deny one of both

17. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

is there any way to fix this via debug mode (rule overwrite)?

18. Jeremy

No, you will need either an add-on or code edit.

19. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

as i know on 1.1.3 version was possible to overwrite this rule.

20. Jeremy

The software checks the same permission, you can't change that without an add-on or code edit.