XF 1.2 Upload CSV Files Creating New Threads

Wesker

We have a large amount of csv files we'd like to upload to our threads. There aren't any mods that I see that specifically do this and we were thinking of posting from wordpress to xf but the mod doesn't appear to be working. Is there a faster way to do this. Maybe we can just create posts and import them into xf.

Which files would we need to edit through.

xf_post and xf_thread. Are there any other tables we'd have to modify. Are there any other easier ways to do this?

It's an old forum we had with useful information which we'd like to bulk upload all the content. The backup files contain only the thread subject and body, nothng else. Initially the plan was to just add a date, username and make all the necessary insertions and then import the content into xenforo but it didn't work. I maybe missing a table as I tried to import new rows and nothing was visible.

So I'll give you an example of what I tried to do so hopefully you can help find out what I did wrong

Lets say I have a forum with 1 post with the subject test and body test. The poster was username Admin

I tried them importing new posts starting with 2 with the username say Admin to xf_post and xf_thread but nothing was visible. I filled in the other columns as well like the date and so on. Either I need to insert into a 3rd table or something specific I'm not doing right. I know I have provided you limited information but I tried this already and couldn't get the posts to appear.

Yes that is another route to go. Also Wordpress to xF using that mod. Problem is we're having issues using that mod. I'll know by tomorrow if we can use it but 50-50 right now and exploring all other potential options.

Top Bottom