Upload attachments from a link

Hi,
I used to have a downloads system which let you add a download, but without uploading it to your server, but simply from a link.

I think i know the answer, but is that possible with Xenforo in any way? To have an attachment working in the same way? Just that I need to have an attachment that gets updated on an external server very frequently, and is also tracked, and also part of the forum. It would be impractical to keep uploading it.

Thanks!

Hi,
I used to have a downloads system which let you add a download, but without uploading it to your server, but simply from a link.

I think i know the answer, but is that possible with Xenforo in any way? To have an attachment working in the same way? Just that I need to have an attachment that gets updated on an external server very frequently, and is also tracked, and also part of the forum. It would be impractical to keep uploading it.

Thanks!

Why don't you just link to it in the thread? or am I missing a benefit of it being an attachment?

Theres no benefit, just that it looks more official. This is a file which will be downloaded multiple times by exiting members, and also by new members. The link won't track the download clicks. I could work around that but its nice to have it all done by the attachments system as it counts views automatically.

Top Bottom