1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upload attachment, avatar, language problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by NolF, Nov 19, 2010.

1. NolF

NolF Active Member

I'm having problems enabling people to upload attachments and avatars, I can't seem to import languages too.

Using the flash uploader to post attachments it got stack in 100%, y tried modifying the .htaccess file by adding the following code, but was still stuck at 100%
    Code:
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
      SecFilterEngine Off
      SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>
    I then tried disabling the flash uploader, and I get the following error "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process". I get this error when trying to upload an avatar to the server (gravatar works)

When I try to import a new language, once it's uploaded, it throws a HTTP error 500 Internal Server Error.

I've checked the data and internal_data folders and they are both in 777. There are files within the attachment folder form the import. Not sure what I can do. Is this a bug?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm interested as to why the language upload triggers a 500 ISE and the other ones don't. That's a bit strange.

It sounds like this could be related to the upload_max_filesize php.ini directive (or even the file_uploads boolean option).

3. NolF

NolF Active Member

My upload_max_filesize is 32M and file_uploads is on :/

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I could probably only debug this with server access. Is that an option?

5. Floris

Floris Guest

A few people reported this, but for some reason it did go away on its own. I can not trace this down, nor reproduce it myself. I hope Mike figures this one out.

6. NolF

NolF Active Member

Interesting, I didn't know that. I contacted Mike asking what details he needed, hopefully he'll figure it out :D

7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member