Upload a new icon in RM for member group?

shanew

Hello,

How to configure to allow member group can upload a new icon in Resource Manager in Xenforo 2?

I don't see this option for member group and only see it when logged with admin.

Thanks

It is strange when I create a new resource (logged in as member group) then form upload icon didn't appear but when I edit my resource then it did.

In XF2, the icon upload functionality is only available for existing resources - an icon can't be added when creating the resource.
Thanks for the info but this is not convenient for the users when they are creating a new resource ( they didn't see the icon to upload) and must be back to edit resource and upload icon.

Last edited:
In XF2, the icon upload functionality is only available for existing resources - an icon can't be added when creating the resource.

Thats not true. When an Admin creates a new resource, than the icon upload is shown right away.
But not for any other user group.

I am also lookin for a solution for this problem so that icons/thumbnail upload is easier for members.

Until then I just changed it via a template modification

In template "xfrm_resource_edit_macros" just replace the following code

Code:
<xf:macro name="resource_icon" arg-resource="!">
    <xf:if is="$resource.canEditIcon()">
        <xf:formrow rowclass="noColon">
            <xf:macro template="xfrm_resource_edit_icon" name="icon_edit" arg-resource="{$resource}" />
        </xf:formrow>
    </xf:if>
</xf:macro>

with

Code:
<xf:macro name="resource_icon" arg-resource="!">
        <xf:formrow rowclass="noColon">
            <xf:macro template="xfrm_resource_edit_icon" name="icon_edit" arg-resource="{$resource}" />
        </xf:formrow>
</xf:macro>

So the "resource.canEditIcon" seems to cause this "problem"... you can´t find it in any of the permission settings..

I don't understand this. There is an issue after changed codes in xfrm_resource_edit_macros ?

No, after changing the code everything works fine...

I ment, that the if condition looks for "canEditIcon" ... so I think that this permission is set for Admins... and I can´t find this choice in the permission settings for user-groups or resources.
Thats why you need to delete this if-condition (at the moment) to make the icon upload visible for other member groups in resource edit.

Top Bottom