Upgrading To XenForo From vBulletin 3.8

Car_Freak

Hello,

I’m looking to migrate an active vBulletin 3.8 forum with vBSEO (500K+ Posts) to XenForo.

This software seems to be promising and an ideal upgrade from vBulletin.

However, I’ve a few questions which I’d like to be clarified:
  • When is version 2.1 scheduled to release? Will it have major changes?
  • Are SEO features of Xenforo comparable to those offered with vBSEO?
  • Can I also export “Photoplog”, “Thumbs Up” and “Awards” from vBulletin to XenForo?
  • I see a choice of “No” and “Never” in settings. What’s difference between both? (screenshot attached)
  • Is Xenforo missing any major features which are hardcoded into vBulletin 3 (I know thread-rating is one).
  • Since URL structure is different in both softwares. Is there possibility of broken links? How to avoid same?
  • Is Xenforo more server intensive than vBulletin + vBSEO combination? Will we have to upgrade our server?
  • Can someone direct me to version 2.0 counterpart of the following version 1.0 add-ons (if available)?
Thanks

Attachments

• No-Never.webp
    No-Never.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Is there a speculated timeline of stable XenForo 2.1 release? Getting a custom theme made postponed my migration plans in August. XenForo 2.1 looks promising with several much needed features which I’m sure our users will love. I’d like to directly migrate to it. Can I expect stable release by November?

We’ve successfully migrated from vBulletin to XenForo. It’s a refreshing experience and our users couldn’t be happier. 👍

Thanks everyone who replied in this thread. I’d also like to thank two people in particular for a commendable service:
I’m very particular about my needs and a tough client to please. Both are true professionals and made our transition a breeze.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them anytime. Look forward to have an exciting and long-term experience with XenForo.

Cheers

Last edited:
I’m looking for a red and black color theme (with white background). Can someone suggest any options?
Depending on how much red you're looking for, and if you're going to be talking to the @Pixel Exit guys anyway, ask them about the "Adara" style that comes as a child included in their FlatAwesome+ package. I don't think they have a demo of it on their site currently and I don't think it's actually mentioned anywhere in their product pages, it's bit of a freebie bonus that comes in the download package. :LOL:

Depending on how much red you're looking for, and if you're going to be talking to the @Pixel Exit guys anyway, ask them about the "Adara" style that comes as a child included in their FlatAwesome+ package. I don't think they have a demo of it on their site currently and I don't think it's actually mentioned anywhere in their product pages, it's bit of a freebie bonus that comes in the download package. :LOL:

Thank you for the kind words but you may have missed his last post :D.

@Car_Freak approached us wanting a very similar look to his previous site with some changes.

It was a pleasure working with you @Car_Freak !

Top Bottom