Upgrading to 1.2 FAIL - Migrating broke my XF instance!!

Marco Famà

dear XF Support
I've just upgraded to xenForo 1.2 and my instance does not work properly anymore.

The text editor does not appear.
The server log states:

ErrorException: Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be an array, none given, called in /var/www/vhosts/timelapseitalia.com/httpdocs/forum/library/Tapatalk/Model/Post.php on line 12 and defined - library/XenForo/Model/Post.php:1582

It seems I cannot rollback!!

Any chance we can fix it very soon? How? PLease help!

Thanks
Marco

Have you disabled all add-ons or checked that all of them work with 1.2?

The error trace refers to Tapatalk, so you need either to seek for an 1.2 compatible version or disable the add-on.

thanks for the quick answer.
TextEditor not appearing is NOT related to Tapatalk, as I've just disabled it and it still doesn't show up

Thanks, any other ideas?

Marco

Check the file health check to ensure all files are uploaded correctly.

Then check issues on the default style.

If you provide a URL as well that could help.

Can you access your admin panel? If you can, the Health Check can be found at the Tools tab->Diagnostics.

Did you make a backup of the db before the upgrade btw?

OK I see.
SO the point is: what if my folder on the server is just like this:
/httpdocs/forum/styles/default
There is nothing else than default!

Am I using some kind of "default-custom" theme? I'm unsure honestly, not a XF guru and did this once purchased, 2 years ago. Never had the chance to do any kind of edit.

However, is there a way I can get the theme back working, if following your link does not help?

Thanks
Marco

Quite simply the style has not been updated to work properly with 1.2.

Working through the points listed in the thread I linked to will resolve it.

If all else fails then either reapply your colours and edits to the stock style or go through all your 'outdated templates' and style properties to merge applicable changes. If you don't know xf templates and styling to well then you may want to ask someone else to do that.

Disable all addons by putting this on your config.php

Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = 0;

Use the default XenForo style. Create one if you removed it. That should fix the error and it should let you work on the Admin CP.

Reactions: Rob
Top Bottom