XF 1.5 Upgrading site from Xenforo 1.5.7 to 2.1.2

Hobbes

We're looking to upgrade our Xenforo installation from 1.5.7 to 2.1.2 (or perhaps the latest) and was wondering how difficult a process this is going to be?

Any special considerations to make?

May be a silly question, but is it possible hire/contract the upgrade process to be done? Any suggestions on where to find credible people to do that if that's the case?

Thank you for any help and consideration!

We're looking to upgrade our Xenforo installation from 1.5.7 to 2.1.2 (or perhaps the latest) and was wondering how difficult a process this is going to be?

Any special considerations to make?

May be a silly question, but is it possible hire/contract the upgrade process to be done? Any suggestions on where to find credible people to do that if that's the case?

Thank you for any help and consideration!

You have to update your templates if you have customized your style and, as mentioned already, remove any add-ons and replace them with 2.1 compatible versions. I did the actual upgrade myself but engaged my original stylist to deal with updating the style (@Russ if you need that). I only replaced one add-on since the functionality of the others we had either wasn't being used or was replaced by out-of-box in 2.x. IOW, even if you hire someone to do the upgrade, you still need to be involved in reviewing your add-ons to see what actually needs to be upgraded/replaced.

Top Bottom