XF 1.3 upgrading from vb3.6

louis-m

Hi,
just purchased xf1.3 as i felt it was time we moved on from vb3.6.5 which served us well but I feel is now falling behind the times a little with regards to social media etc.
Anyway, got to do the upgrade and import so I was wondering what would be the best way to do it?
We are currently running on digital ocean so creating another server is fine if required.
Our current server is using Myisam and I believe this should be converted over to Innodb for better performance.
Question is..... how to I convert MySQL and bring up Xenforo, import etc without any downtime on existing forum?
Should I switch over to Innodb first, then create a new directory eg www.mydomain.com/forum2 and then bring up xenforo with blank database, then do the import?
Any pointers would be good.
Thank you.

regards,
Louis

There is a general guide here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/

No matter how you do it, there will be some downtime.

You can copy the vB database and do the import from that and leave your vB installation running.
Any new members, thread, posts will not be in the converted XenForo forum though.

Most people prepare the XenForo installation first, following the guide linked to.
Then lock the vB forum and do the final import.

That way downtime is minimal as you have already gone through the process and know what needs to be done.

Top Bottom