XF 2.3 Upgrading from 2.2.16 to 2.3 Troubles

AZ FRAG

My first disclaimer - I know just enough to stumble my way though things, and I think I might have fallen off the cliff on this one...

Several years back, I single-handedly setup a forum for my local aquarium club. (I am on the board for our non-profit organization)
It's been running pretty well ever since, and I've occasionally installed the XF updates as they've become available on the dashboard. There's never been troubles, until the 2.3 upgrade I tried to run a couple days ago. It installed without errors, but visually the forum turned into something from the internet circa 1998, and was a total formatting mess. In my crude wisdom, from the server cPanel, I restored the sql to the prior day (daily backups), and I completely broke everything. :oops:

I haven't touched it since, hoping there is some magic way to unwind or fix what I did, reading/researching what I can. All I have are the sql backups, and I don't have any mirrors or test sites.

If someone can assist, that'd be amazing, but I'd also hire someone to dig in further at this point, if I've buried myself too deep.

Thanks folks
-An embarrassed admin

Maybe you have incompatible add-ons installed, so add this to your config.php file
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Then access to your ACP and disable them.
I gave that a whirl; no difference. Still can't load the ACP.
Did you also restore the files/folders system (public_html)
I don't think so? But not entirely sure.
Have you tried adding admin.php to the site URL?
Yes, I do know that much! :P

My first disclaimer - I know just enough to stumble my way though things, and I think I might have fallen off the cliff on this one...

Several years back, I single-handedly setup a forum for my local aquarium club. (I am on the board for our non-profit organization)
It's been running pretty well ever since, and I've occasionally installed the XF updates as they've become available on the dashboard. There's never been troubles, until the 2.3 upgrade I tried to run a couple days ago. It installed without errors, but visually the forum turned into something from the internet circa 1998, and was a total formatting mess. In my crude wisdom, from the server cPanel, I restored the sql to the prior day (daily backups), and I completely broke everything. :oops:

I haven't touched it since, hoping there is some magic way to unwind or fix what I did, reading/researching what I can. All I have are the sql backups, and I don't have any mirrors or test sites.

If someone can assist, that'd be amazing, but I'd also hire someone to dig in further at this point, if I've buried myself too deep.

Thanks folks
-An embarrassed admin
We'll be happy to help you for free and support your organization. Send me a private message and we'll have a look.

You would need to restore those because you restored the database. Otherwise you have the old 2.2 database but with 2.3 files, hence the problem.
Yup, that was my missing step! I'm restored back to earlier in the day before my blunders; thank you!
We'll be happy to help you for free and support your organization. Send me a private message and we'll have a look.
I much appreciate that offer, but I am all good now!

Back
Top Bottom