1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgraded to XF 1.0.0. / FB Recommend does not show any number

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by erich37, Mar 11, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I have just upgraded my website to XF 1.0.0. and reverted all templates. I do have the default templates only.

At the Sidebar where we have the FB-Recommend-button, it does not show the number of recommendations anymore. It just shows the button "Recommend", but the "Recommend number" is missing......

Not sure is this a bug or did anything change regarding FB ?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All of that content is controlled by Facebook so if there is a problem, it will be at their end.

What happens if you click on the button? Does it increase the count and post on your wall?

3. erich37

I clicked the button and recommended to FB, then the button was changing the wording from "Recommend" towards "1 Person".
    Then after a while the wording "1 Person" disappeared and it shows "Recommend" again.

4. Brogan

I've just tested it here and on my own site so the problem must be local to your installation.

Is your forum visible to guests?
    Can you provide a link?

5. erich37

I checked again at FB, it actually now shows the post on my FB-Wall.
    So this is fine.

Just confused as to why the "Number" besides the "Recommend-button" does not show up......

6. Brogan

It was showing as 0 clicks for me.

I have just clicked it and it's showing as 1 now.

7. erich37

yeah, it is showing the number 1 now......
    strange.....

many thanks for your help!